Duties & Taxes
- Trait-tech sends goods to you from China. As such, you (or the consignee) are IMPORTING. In many countries this means you will be liable for import duties and other taxes. It's YOUR responsibility to find out about this, and YOUR responsibility to pay the taxes/charges on receipt of the items.
- Many countries charge two kinds of tax when you import anything from overseas. These are (1) Sales Tax (VAT); (2) Import Duty. Usually these taxes are not very high, and the tax is calculated according to the value of the goods (+ shipping sometimes). On the other hand, many countries do not charge any tax on certain types of goods, or on small shipments. You are responsible for finding out the situation in your own country.
- There are no sales taxes or hidden charges to pay on the China side when you buy from Trait-tech.com - However, you may need to pay some taxes on your local side when you receive the goods. We don't accept any return or refund resulting from you refusing to pay the duties or taxes d) Any customization you request from us in regard to declaration value on the shipping paperwork is at your own risk
- Usually, the declared value we put on the commercial invoice is consistent with the selling price. We are not liable for the custom taxes due to this declare value. We can make the declare value according to your requirement. And Any customization you request from us in regard to declaration value on the shipping paperwork is at your own risk,such as less compensation of the loss of the package
- The declared contents of a package must be true and accurate for customs purposes. Any customization you request from us regarding declaration of packet contents is at your own risk.
- If you have to pay any tax on the goods you receive, the most common way is that the taxes are first paid at customs by the courier (e.g. DHL, FedEx, UPS) and then you simply pay back the courier using cash or your credit card, when they deliver the goods to your door.
- Import and tax rules are (a) different in every country; (b) changing often; (c) highly dependent on the shipment size and contents; and (d) not consistently applied by your country's different ports and customs houses. Therefore Trait-tech cannot offer you specific advice about how much tax you will have to pay, or any guarantees related to this issue.